Sunday, September 25, 2005

Help?

I called up Carole Stubbs today. I had met her at a networking event back in March and I was really interested in her at the time as she had franchised her own business, Medics on the Move. She had mentioned that she would be happy to speak to me about franchising – or the F word as she described it – at any time.

I think she only vaguely remembered me, but she was really accommodating on the phone. She had been asked to speak at the NEC on Women in Franchising on the 6th October. I had actually intended to go to this exhibition anyway, so it was really good to hear that she was going to be there.

Carole encouraged me to come along to this exhibition and attend as many presentations as possible that were aimed at the franchisee. She said it was really important to know how the franchisee thinks and what they look for in a franchisor.

She also mentioned that Natwest run workshops aimed at franchisees where they get to ask a panel of franchisors loads of questions. Carole suggested that I go on this as it’s really helpful to see the interaction between franchisors and franchisees and the type of questions that get asked.

What I was really looking for though is for Carole to agree to meet with me and let me know how she franchised her business, and she said she would be happy to do this after the NEC exhibition. I said I would call her back then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home