Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A new form of selling

Although this isn't strictly to do with franchising, I thought I'd post this on the blog as it's an experience that I'm sure a lot of small business owners have come across and one that really annoyed me this week.

I'm talking about a new form of selling. This is where someone completely destroys whatever you have done in an effort to sell you their own products or services. Examples I've had in the past have been people criticising my website and then saying "I can improve it for you." However, over the weekend, I had someone ripping my personality to shreds and then saying he could help me improve it with his "coaching solution"!

What solution though - I'm hardly going to buy this service if I receive an incredibly rude email like that off him am I? Grrrr. This new form of selling really annoys me - just who do these people think they are?

So, I've really posted this as a warning to other small business owners not to take it personally if it happens to them. These people are definitely not worth it!!

Has anyone else experienced this new type of selling? What do you think of it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home