Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Should I have used a franchise consultant?

I was talking this week with someone I know who has franchised his business. He used a Franchise Consultant to put everything in place and it made me wonder if I should have used one too.

Looking back on this, I would have to say for me the answer to this question is no. OK, things have probably taken longer without using a franchise consultant, but the business is far more profitable and works more efficiently because I’ve taken the time to think through how it works properly.

Plus I wouldn’t have been able to afford one either. The costs for using a franchise consultant can be very high.

Again when getting franchisees on board…yes it might be quicker using outside help, but I’m prepared to substitute the time for the cost saving plus the learning I have gained from doing this from within the business.

Who knows if I’ll regret saying this in the future, but for now I don’t regret not using an outside consultant at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home