Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Messed up!

I have started promoting the franchise now and received six enquiries over the last week or so to which I sent out the information. One of them read the information and asked me quite a few (very valid) questions about the franchise by email. Knowing how easily email can get misinterpreted, I should have asked for his contact details and answered these by phone. But, instead I made the mistake of replying by email.

Unfortunately, I misunderstood some of the questions he had asked and replied in the wrong way. He (quite rightly) wasn't very happy with some of my answers and said that he no longer wanted to progress things any further.

So, why am I writing about this? Well it made me really annoyed and frustrated with myself and how I had handled this. The big learning curve for me is to never go against what I would normally do - that is, ask for someone's phone number and speak to them in person, rather than replying by this ineffective tool (email) that we all now rely on. I don't intend to react this way again and I really hope that this person reconsiders and contacts me again, but to be honest I wouldn't blame him if he didn't as I definitely messed up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home