Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Getting there!

I really feel like I'm getting there this week. The processes I'm doing are coming together and I feel that by the end of November, I should have the operational manual finished - hurrah - a big achievement for me (and a huge weight off my shoulders). I'm about 90% there now, so fingers crossed.

Because I've recently opened a bank account at Barclays, I got access to their computer package too, which I have to say is brilliant. It's allowed me to create employment things like contracts, rejection letters, job descriptions etc in record time. I will have to send a big thank you letter to them I think.

Also, this week I realised how much I do plan and set goals compared to other businesses. I went to a networking event on Monday called "what are the best ways to build your business?" I thought this would be great for me and expected loads of other businesses to have ideas on how they were going to build their business too.

What really surprised me though is the number who were just looking for ways to promote their business! Doesn't anyone have a vision anymore? Promoting your business is obviously one of the ways to achieve your vision, but what about the long-term goal.

I came away feeling frustrated and wishing there were more events for businesses who know exactly where they're going and want to share experiences. Maybe we should set one up? If you're interested, please post a comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home